- This article provides an overview of the Digital Signature request process.
- You can generate requests for employees within your organization to digitally sign documents. Employees will need to be setup as GMO Sign users (must login to sign) and setup their PIN code prior to digitally signing.
- If external or counterparties need to digitally sign documents – they must have their own GMO Sign account. Or you can generate electronic signature requests for external parties.
Preparing Document and Requesting Signature
|The entire procedure is divided into following four main steps :
a) Upload documents
b) Input Information
c) Set signature position
d) Review and send
Step 1 - Upload Documents
(1) Click on the Request Sign button and then upload one or more documents. Click Next. [Video Preview]
|Note – The document can be uploaded in PDF or Word file format. The file to be uploaded should be password-free and up to 20MB in size.|
Step 2- Add Workflow & Signer Information
(2) Add Workflow details including:
- Person in charge
(3) Click the Add Signer Icon under the Signer Contents section and enter the signer’s details.
- Order No. – Define the signing order number (sequence) for more than one signers. By default, it will be one for first signer, two for second signer, and so on.
- Destination – Select whether the signer is in-house or a counterparty user.
- Define Signing Type as Digital Sign.
While Generating Request for In-house Employees
- In Signer Name section, click on the drop-down. Select the name of signer from this list.
|Note – Users who can apply digital signatures will be shown in the list.|
- Sending Email (Optional) - Send notification email to the in-house signer by clicking on Yes; otherwise choose No.
- Comment (Optional) - Put a comment in the request email. Once done, click on Save button.
|Note – By default, the Request Sign operation is set as an Action. Requesters cannot edit it in case of in-house digital sign request.|
- If you do not want to add second signer, move to Step (4).
|For Instance – To demonstrate sequential recipient scenario, in-house signer is set as the first signer (Order No.1). In this example, the agreement will be signed between 2 parties: your company and other company. Now we will set second signer with Order No. 2 by again clicking on Add User icon in Signer Contents field.|
While Generating Request for Counterparty Users
Select Counterparty in ‘Destination’ and Digital Sign in ‘Signing Type’ field. [Video Preview]
- Company Name (Optional) - Mention the name of counterparty organization in this field (optional).
- Signer Name – Enter the name of signer for recognition in signature request email.
- Mail Address – Enter digital signer's complete email id.
- Comment (Optional) – Type a message to deliver an important text with workflow.
- Language – Click on this to define language of the email for the signer.
- Required Actions for the Document -
- For a single document: The Request Sign action is required.
- Optional for Multiple Documents:
- Confirm - Review document; not sign.
- Nothing – Notification only.
- Finally, click on Save button to add the signer details successfully in signature request and move to Step (4).
(4) Setting Receivers (Optional) - Enable this when you want to send the Signed PDF document to someone who is not a signer.
|Please Note – If there are one or more documents in GMO Sign request, you can select / de-select the documents to be sent or not be sent to the receiver, respectively.|
(5) Click on Next.
Step 3 - Set Signature Position
(6) Set Signature Position - Drag and drop the signature pen onto the document. You can minimize or maximize the signature image size. [Video Preview]
- Add Textboxes in Files - Optionally, add textboxes for the signer to add necessary details. Enter placeholder text to display the desired text.
- Apply checkboxes - Mark the textbox fields mandatory by using checkboxes.
- Sender Textbox – If required, senders can add a textbox to be printed inside the document.
|Tip – For multiple documents in a workflow, click on each Tab (Document Name) to Set each Signature position.|
(7) Click on Next after completing with setting of signature position.
Step 4 - Review and Send
(8) Review the workflow details and then click Send.
Related Articles :