Related Article – Generate Digital Signature workflow requests
Step 1 - Upload Documents
(1) Click on the Request Sign button and then upload one or more documents. Click Next. [Video Preview]
|Note – The document can be uploaded in PDF or Word file format. The file to be uploaded should be password-free and up to 20MB in size.|
Step 2 – Add Workflow & Signer Information
(2) Add Workflow details including:
- Person in charge
(3) Click the Add Signer Icon under the ‘Signer Contents’ section and enter the signer’s details.
- For e-Signature workflows, there can be multiple signers that are internal employees and/or external “counterparties”.
- In the case of multiple signers, the signing order can be sequential, parallel or hybrid signing order.
- In Parallel Signing - Both counterparty and inhouse signers are set as the first signer (Order No.1). In this case, both signers will receive a Signing request email simultaneously.
- Select whether the signer is part of your organization (inhouse) or an external user (counterparty).
|Note: For electronic signatures, recipients do not need GMO Sign Accounts or signer roles to electronically sign the document.|
- Choose e-sign as the Signature type.
Counterparty or External Signers
- Email address and Signer name for external counterparty signers are required fields. [Video Preview]
- Optional fields:
- Company Name
- Access Code
- Allow Signer Change
- Language – By default, the email language is set to English. If required, you can change it to Japanese or Spanish.
- Required Actions for the Document -
- For a single Document: The Request Sign action is required.
- Optional for Multiple Documents :
- Confirm - Review document; not sign.
- Nothing – Notification only.
- Click on Save.
Internal or “Inhouse” Signers -
- Select Inhouse and e-sign.
- Use the drop-down list of GMO Sign users to select the Signer’s name.
- The other fields are the same as shown in the counterparty section.
- Click Save to proceed.
Step 3 – Set Signature Position
(4) Optionally, set receiver settings.
(5) Click on Next and set signature position within the Documents.
- Set Signature Position - Drag and drop the signature pen onto the document. You can minimize or maximize the signature image size. [Video Preview]
- Add Textboxes in Files - Optionally, add textboxes for the signer to add necessary details. Enter placeholder text to display the desired text. [Video Preview]
- Apply checkboxes - Make the textbox fields required by using checkboxes.
- Sender Textbox – If required, senders can add a textbox to be printed inside the document.
|Tip – For multiple documents in a workflow, click on each Tab (Document Name) to Set each Signature position.|
(6) Click on Next to proceed towards the final stage of workflow.
Step 4 – Review and Send
(7) Review the workflow details and then click Send.
What Happens At Signer’s End?
A Signature Request email will be sent to each signer mentioned in the workflow. Refer to this article which explains how to apply an electronic signature.