This bulk feature is available for administrators / administrators + Signers / Power User roles. Admins handling creation of folders can now add several folders in one cycle without any challenge. Initially, this process demands a CSV file in pre-defined format having the list of existing folders present at the organizational level.
Adding New Folders in Bulk
(1) Go to Documents >> Folders and now click on Options >> Add Folders in Bulk.
(2) This launches a page with title 'Add folders in Bulk' where you have to click on Download CSV button. Now, you have achieved a comma-separated file having all the folders listed of your GMO Sign account.
(3) Open the recently downloaded CSV file and edit it by performing anyone of the following actions :
- Add new folder name with respective properties
- Edit existing folders with existing user group access permissions
- Edit existing folders by changing their default settings
(For more guidance over CSV file editing, please read here.)
(4) Please Note - Only 200 rows are supported at a time for adding / editing folders through CSV file. You might be able to add 201 rows in CSV but, the operation being mentioned at 201th (or afterwards) would not be executed in GMO Sign account.
(5) Once all the CSV file changes are committed, save it locally on your PC and click on Upload CSV button on 'Add folders in Bulk' page.
(6) Browse a file with .csv extension (Saved at Step (5)) and have a preview of data being added or edited in CSV file. If everything looks well, click on Upload. And, in case you want to make some changes and re-upload the same file then, click on Re-upload button.
CSV File Specifications
Open the CSV file in Excel application, which is downloaded from 'Add folders in Bulk' page of GMO Sign. Start filling the details / perform changes from second row of CSV file and do not make any changes in first row of the downloaded file.
** At a single time, up to 200 rows of CSV file can be executed.
Description of each column present in downloaded CSV file is provided in below tabular format.
|Column 1||Column 2||Column 3|
|Folder Name (Required)||User group||Folder settings (0:None, 1:Default(Editable), 2:Default(Uneditable))(Required)|
|Name of the targeted folder||Name of existing or new user group whom you want to give viewing authority||
Enter one of the numbers below
0 : No default setting,
1 : Default setting (permit change),
2 : Default setting (cannot be changed)
To understand more about default settings, read this article.
Column A : Folder Name
- It is a required column in CSV file.
- If an existing folder name is entered in this column, it will be updated with other linked information like user group access and default settings
- A new folder would be created if the folder name does not exists in your GMO Sign profile at organizational level.
- Folder name should be less than 190 characters.
- You can create sub-folder(s) of parent folder using bulk CSV approach. The only thing required is to separate parent and child folder name via a single parallel line (|).
- If you want to add a new hierarchy of folders, fill details in a separate row.
- Example :
- Row 1 - Parent|Child
- Row 2 - Parent|Friends
- Row 3 - Parent|Child|Grandchild
- In the above example, parent is the main folder in which child and friends are two subfolders to be created. And, in the Child sub-folder there is again a sub-folder with name Grandchild.
- Using the bulk CSV approach, you cannot delete folders in batch. For this operation, you need to use 'Folder Management' section or refer this guide for assistance.
Column B : User Group
- A new user group would be created if the user group name does not exists in your GMO Sign profile at organizational level. In order to add or edit users in a user group, refer this article.
- User group name should be less than 190 characters.
- If you want to assign multiple user groups' permission to access one folder, enter the same folder name in multiple rows of CSV for the targeted number of user groups, and enter one user group name for each.
- Example - Suppose there is a folder named as 'USA Sales Documents' which is to be assigned to 3 user groups - Product Management, GlobalSign Support, and GlobalSign Global.
- In such case, three rows would be having USA Sales Documents name in 'Folder Name' column. And adjacent to each row, 3 user group names would be listed.
In case of a parent folder and its sub-folders, the user groups who have permission to view documents of parent folder will automatically be having permission to the sub-folders (Even if not defined separately)
Column C : Folder Settings (Required)
Through this option, administrators or Power users can pre-define folder settings for each internal user who generate workflow requests through our signing solution. To understand deeper, visit this article.
- Through bulk CSV folder approach, there is no need to manually assign permission to user groups for folder settings.
- Use the following numbers from 0 to 2, which performs the allocated action adjacent to each folder and user group. Basically, establishing an additional connection between folder and user group.
- 0 : Means there is no setting required between folder and users present in that user group.
- 1 : Means the respective folder would be allocated as by default to respective user group. And, users of this user group can remove folder to avoid saving of workflow documents.
- 2 : Means the respective folder would be allocated as by default to respective user group. And, users of this user group cannot eliminate the folder to avoid saving of workflow documents.