The ‘signature reason’ attribute enables signers to provide reasons when signing the agreement. Such type of feature is majorly required to fulfill the compliance requirements like 21 CFR Part 11. However, it is available for all customers to match the business standards.
The cause to sign a document can be required or optional. Signatories can use it as a remark with signature in documents. ‘Signature reason’ can be applied in both types of signatures – digital and electronic. At the initial stage, this feature is inactive because ‘Sign Options’ in Admin Panel is inactive.
Administrators have to activate ‘Sign Options’ to access ‘Signature reason’ functionality in GMO Sign while signing the document(s). A signatory can define reason either from a pre-defined menu or by entering a custom text.
How Does It Work?
When ‘Signature reason’ is enabled, signatories are asked to give a valid reason for enforcing signature. When a signer receives signing request, he or she has to open the received link for signature. Once done, walk through the following steps :
1. Click on your signature to open a 'Signature Customization' window.
2. Select the type of signature you want to apply and then, click on drop-down button to view the entire list. [Video Preview]
3. In case you want to use one of the listed reasons then, simply select it from the menu and jump to Step (5). Otherwise, define your own reason by choosing I want a custom signing reason.
4. A text field appears where you have to type your custom signing reason. You can enter a line of up to 50 characters in this field.
5. Now, complete the checklist of entire workflow and at last, click on Submit >> Sign the Document(s).
6. Finally, you can check the signed document in which signature image along with selected / custom signing reason would be displayed.