Counting Signature Transactions in GMO Sign
The GMO Sign platform tracks the number of transactions (or the number of documents signed) as explained below.
e-Signature Transactions (eSign):
- An e-Signature transaction is counted when a document is sent including e-signature request(s) only.
- The transaction is counted on the sender’s GMO Sign account.
- The e-Signature receiver does not need to have a GMO Sign account to electronically sign a document. They will receive an email containing a URL to click, review and sign the document.
Note: If the receiver does have a GMO Sign Account, the eSign transaction is not reflected on their account.
- Documents with that are still in the workflow process (but yet sent) do not count as transactions.
Digital Signature Transactions
- A digital signature transaction is counted when a document is sent including digital signature request(s).
- Documents with digital signatures that are still in the workflow process (but yet sent) do not count as transactions.
- The receiver must have a GMO Sign Account in order to digitally sign a received document. They will need to login to GMO Sign to digitally sign the document.
- Digital Signatures for External Parties :
- If the receiver is an external party (outside of your organization), they will require their own GMO Sign Account in order to digitally sign documents.
- When digital signatures are exchanged between two different Organizations (using different GMO Sign Accounts), digital signature transactions will be counted on both the Sender AND Receiver’s account.
Digital Signature & Electronic Signature Requests in the same document
- You can use a combination of e-signature request(s) AND digital signature request(s) within one document.
- In this scenario, when a document is sent including both electronic signature and digital signature requests it will count as 1 digital signature transaction.