Counting Signature Transactions in GMO Sign
The GMO Sign platform tracks the number of transactions (or the documents signed) as explained below.
e-Signature Transactions (eSign):
- An e-Signature transaction is counted when a document is sent with e-signature request(s) only.
- The transaction is counted on the sender’s GMO Sign account.
- The e-Signature receiver does not need to have a GMO Sign account to electronically sign a document. They will receive an email containing a URL to click, review and sign the document.
Note: If the receiver has a GMO Sign Account, the eSign transaction is not reflected on their account.
- Documents that are still in the workflow process (but not sent yet) will not be counted as transactions.
Digital Signature Transactions
- A digital signature transaction is counted when a document is sent with digital signature request(s).
- Documents with digital signatures that are still in the workflow process (but not sent yet) will not be counted as transactions.
- The receiver must have a GMO Sign Account to digitally sign a received document. They will need to login to GMO Sign to digitally sign the document.
- Digital Signatures for External Parties:
- If the receiver is an external party (outside your organization), they will require their own GMO Sign Account to digitally sign documents.
- When digital signatures are exchanged between two organizations (using different GMO Sign Accounts), digital signature transactions will be counted on both the Sender and Receiver’s accounts.
Digital Signature & Electronic Signature Requests in the same document
- You can use a combination of e-signature request(s) AND digital signature request(s) within one document.
- In this scenario, sending a document including electronic and digital signature requests, will be counted as one digital signature transaction.