At the time of creating workflow request via document templates, users can apply a restrict edits option. The purpose of this option is to prevent the workflow requestors from modifying predefined template settings. This keeps the template content intact and stops requestors from changing template’s settings that were locked by the template owners.
Prerequisites – It is compulsory to fill following things in a template to apply the option :
How to Restrict Template Edit Settings?
1. Being an administrator or DocumentManager, go to the Template page.
2. Locate towards the template on which restriction is to be applied. And click on Edit icon.
3. Again, click on Edit button of the template and select Yes in Restrict Edits field. [Video Preview]
4. Click on Register button to save changes immediately.
By default, it is possible to modify the settings of each template while creating a workflow request. Requestors can add or remove documents / number of signers from the templates. However, enabling this feature will restrict such unintended activities without the template’s owner authority.
Important Notes for the Workflow Requestor
Even if template edit permission is denied, requestors have the privilege to input values in following fields during the workflow creation :
- Person in Charge
- Workflow Approval
- Additional Signer details like access code, language, etc.
- Workflow receiver information