Generate Certificate to Analyze Document Logs
GMO Sign admins can track signers’ operations being performed on each approved document by referring the attached certificate. This feature is available only for individuals with ‘Administrator’ and ‘Document manager’ role in GMO Sign.
|Note – By default, this feature is active for all users and cannot be deactivated.|
Every document in the workflow goes through a signature cycle and has its unique ID on the server. The signing time duration and IP address varies according to the signer. Therefore, GMO Sign generates a certificate in which following parameters are present:
- Document name
- Maintenance number
- Requestor name and email ID
- Unique document ID of the approved file on GMO Sign server
- IP address and date & time of signing the document
- Type of signature being applied on document
- Signer's name and email address
- Time and date of certificate creation (located within the footer)
Such certificate helps in validating signer's information without opening the signed contract.
Steps to Retrieve GMO Sign Document Certificate
1. Go to the ‘Document’ page and click on ‘Download’ button.
2. This opens a menu where you are required to click on Download certificate PDF option.
|Note – You can also choose ‘Download ZIP’ option to download certificate and signed documents in PDF format.|
3. A certificate in .pdf format downloads on your system. Open this PDF to track document logs. [Video Preview]
|Note – You can download certificate for previously signed documents as well, which are present before the arrival of this feature. Please ensure that the workflow has been completed to download the certificate offline.|
Attach Document ID in Signed / Approved File
This feature is optional for GMO Sign users and is inactive, by default. Administrators must activate this feature from Admin Panel to auto-print unique document ID in a signed file while downloading it. The ID is printed on the first page of the selected agreement (document).
Below steps describe the method to activate printing of unique Document ID:
a. Go to Admin Panel from GMO Sign menu and click on Audit Reports.
b. Activate the toggle button of Imprint Document ID and click Save.
c. A process completion message indicates enabling of attaching Document ID in signed file. [Video Preview]
|Note – All of the document transactions that take place after activating Imprint Document ID feature, will have document ID being printed in signed file. However, this will not change any previous document settings.|
How does the ‘Imprint Document ID’ Feature Works?
- After activating this option, generate a signature request in GMO Sign.
- Once the workflow request gets completed, go to the document details section.
- Click on Download icon and select Download document PDF option of the target workflow. The signed contract will be downloaded onto your PC.
Open the signed file and notice the document ID is printed at bottom left of the first page.