- First generate a digital signature workflow request.
- Each signers will need to be set up as a GMO Sign User (have a login) and create their own PIN code for authentication purposes in order to digitally sign.
- There are two ways for a User to access a Digital Signature Request :
Using the signing URL sent via the GMO Sign Signature Request email.
Or, from the Signature Icon located on the GMO Sign main dashboard after logging in.
Digitally Signing as an Internal Employee (Inhouse)
1. Open the GMO Sign Signature Request email and click the Signing URL. Or, log into your GMO Sign account and then click on the Signature (Pen) icon on the main dashboard.
2. Review the document contents and then, click the Sign icon.
3. Customize the appearance of your signature and optionally, select a Signing Reason. [Video Preview]
- Select your signature image:
- Seal or Saved Signature – Use the GMO Sign seal or a customized seal or signature saved in your profile.
- Create a Signature Image –
- Seal – Your signature appears as a seal or stamp based on the seal style that you select.
- Signature Type – Choose the font for your typed signature.
- Hand-writing – Draw your own signature.
|Note – For multiple documents in a workflow, click on each tab to sign each document.|
4. Click Continue.
5. Enter your PIN Code and click Register to apply your digital signature. [Video Preview]
Note – Click the ‘Request to you’ button to review additional comment or signature requests.
Digitally Signing documents as an external party or counter signer
|Note – External parties must have their own GMO Sign Account (User logins) as well as PIN codes for applying digital signatures.|
1. Open the GMO Sign Signature Request Email and click the Signing URL. Then log into your GMO Sign account. [Video Preview]
2. Two options will be presented under the 'Signer Select' field.
- Sign Yourself – Apply your digital signature.
- Ask someone else – Send the digital signature request to another person and provide the following details :
- Signer – Click the drop-down button to view a list of Users with signer roles.
- Request by e-mail – Choose to send the request via email.
- Notes – Add comments or a reason for changing the signer.
- Next - Click the Register button to send the signature request to another user.
3. Follow the steps in the above guide to apply your digital signature.
What happens next?
The requestor and signer(s) will receive a confirmation email once all signatures in the workflow are complete. The confirmation email also contains a link to download a copy of the signed document(s). The download document URL is valid for 14 days.