Before the release in GMO Sign, all users linked with your GMO Sign account used to appear in list of approvers. This slowed down the process for requestors to browse the target's approver name from a large drop-down menu; sometimes leading to sending of approval requests to unauthorized persons.
To simplify the process and make it quick, GMO Sign had launched a new feature to create / edit a user group with advance setting of defining approvers at organizational level. This group would be having users who can be the part of approval procedure (including requestors' name) and the remaining users' name would be eliminated from approvers' drop-down menu.
Steps to Use this Feature
- You can either create a new user group or use an existing ones for utilizing this feature. Let's suppose my user group name is Admin Department, having 3 users in it - Kelly, John, and Kratika.
- For an existing user group, enable the checkbox of Restrict approver settings to users within a user group, present under the Advanced Settings.
- Click on Update button to save the changes. [Video Preview]
How does it Reflects in Workflow Request
(1) Create a new workflow request and go to Workflow Contents section.
(2) If you do not enable this feature for any user group, all users linked with your account would be listed in approver's drop-down menu. [Video Preview]
(3) If you enable this feature for a usergroup (Say, Admin Department), only 3 users would appear in drop-down menu - Kelly, John, and Kratika.