Learn the procedure to apply for digital certificate request in GMO Sign signing solution.
There are two approaches to apply for the same :
|Note - Only users having Signer role in GMO Sign can apply for digital certificate. They can be Administrator + Signer, Document Manager + Signer, Signer, or Power User + Signer.|
Approach 1 : Administrator Applies on Signer's Behalf
(1) Login to GMO Sign Admin profile and click on Users present under the 'Admin menu' list.
(2) Click on Make Application button present adjacent to the targeted signer's name. In case this button is unavailable, recheck whether the targeted user name has signer's role or not.
(3) This launches an instruction screen where you have to read all the information carefully and click on Next to proceed.
(4) Fill the current form with the signer details that would be utilized at the time of verification before issuing digital certificate. Please note - the entered values should be valid and correct in terms of signer's information. In case any of the details mismatches then, there are chances to decline signer's digital certificate issuance.
(5) Authentication Method - There are two ways through which verification of an individual would take place :
- Confirmation by phone : The estimated duration for issuing of digital certificate through this approach is 3 working days after the submission of request. One of the vetting team members would call on signer's phone number (As mentioned in the form) and if everything goes well, further proceedings would take place.
- Confirmation by document : The estimated duration for issuing of digital certificate through this approach is 3 months after the submission of documents for verification. We request you to please enclose an application form, which can be downloaded from the e-mail sent after submitting the request and a certificate of seal impression (no duplicates) obtained within 3 months and send them via email.
Once the submission of application has been completed, an email from GMO Sign side would be sent to concerned administrator and signatories.
- Download the application form from the URL being mentioned in that email.
Please affix your seal to the application form and mail it collectively with the seal registration certificate (original) obtained within 3 months of the seal stamped there.
(6) Time to review the basic signer details thoroughly before requesting for digital certificate. Please note that this information is recorded at the time of applying digital signatures. So, be careful while entering and submitting the details.
(7) If the entered records are correct, click on Next button. This redirects you towards the confirmation screen where you have to click on Application to finally submit the request.
Approach 2 : Signer Himself can Apply for Digital Certificate
(1) Login to your GMO Sign account (having 'Signer' role) and click on your username from top right-hand side corner.
(2) Click on Make Application button present under 'Digital certificate' sub-section.
(3) This launches the same preparation screen that appears in 'Approach 1'. Follow Step (3) to (7) of the previous section to apply for your digital certificate individually.